Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mixing Work with Play


Early this morning, at 4am I pulled out of the employer's parking lot with a SUV full of colleagues and golf clubs. Three and half hours later, I was approaching the number 9 tee box at the Tribute. It's a rare occasion that members of my staff can get away from the office to spend a day on the links, especially at a location that boast the best of holes on the British tour. What's more advantageous was that this little escape was hosted by one of the vendors we work with.

I'd love to say that my golf game was impressive or that I carried our team to the best score. However the reality is that my game had fleeting moments, surrounded by a multitude of lost balls in the high grass. I thought I played okay for someone with no formal training and who's last round was 18 months ago.

Despite a seven hour car trip and a 7:30am tee time, it was a pretty good day. Each of my colleagues won something from the raffle, and more importantly the office didn't stop functioning while we were away. Sounds like a well deserved quick get away.

No comments: